April 2023 Theme: How technology has enhanced your teaching and listening
New Patron: Patricia Pollett
Exercises to enhance your string ensemble
Musica Viva’s Strike A Chord program
And lots more!
In our October 2023 issue, we plan to present an overview of what Australian tertiary music institutions have to offer to string students. If you teach at one or have had personal experiences in one that you would like to share, we would like to hear from you.
The deadline for the October 2023 issue is 30 June 2023.
AUSTA publishes two issues of Stringendo each year. Efforts are made to reflect the wide range of interests of our members and to bring us into contact with our international colleagues. We believe that we help shrink the distance between Australians living in remote areas. A portion of membership subscriptions is allocated to funding Stringendo.
Each issue contains news, reviews, letters, comments and several substantial articles on topics of interest to players, teachers and makers of stringed instruments.
Guidelines for Contributors & Advertisers:
Responsibility for production of AUSTA national publications rests with the National Editorial Board. The Board produces two journal editions of Stringendo each calendar year, containing a mixture of contributed material, invited articles, news, reviews and short commentaries. The Board welcomes contributions from its readers, but inclusion of material in its publications is the sole prerogative of the Editor. Please note the following guidelines.
All contributions should be sent to the National Editor.
Types of contributions sought:
- Information and brief news items
- Major articles likely to be of interest to members (1350 words)
- Scholarly articles (2000 words)
- Reviews/reports of conferences, seminars, workshops, etc., offering thoughtful and reflective accounts of personal experiences (700 words)
- Reviews of new string music, publications, recordings and concerts
- Viewpoints expressing personal opinion (max. 550 words)
- Authors of major articles must provide an electronic copy in Word format by email to the Editor: email@example.com.
- Authors should include a two-sentence biography of themselves.
- Articles should be in straightforward, concise English.
- Photographs, musical examples and other illustrated material must be sharply in focus and may be submitted in colour or black and white sent electronically as a tif, jpg or pdf file.
- Permission and sources for all images have been sought and acknowledged where possible. If the copyright owner is known but identified in the magazine, please contact the Editor immediately.
- Copyright belongs to the author. However, the Editor reserves the right to first publication of any written material. The Editor reserves the right to edit submissions in the interests of clarity and available space.
- No material will be returned to the contributor, whether published or not.
- For further information, please contact the National Editor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising in Stringendo
If you are interested in promoting products to the Australian market through Stringendo, please contact the Advertising Manager Louise King using the below link.
We now accept online bookings for Stringendo Advertising. Please use the link here: ONLINE BOOKING FORM
Reviews in Stringendo
If you have published/written a book, sheet music, DVD or CD, or have a concert you wish to have reviewed, please contact the Reviews Editor Mary Nemet using the below link.
For information on other advertising opportunities, please click HERE.