Why Join Us
What are the benefits of Membership?
- National conferences offer performance and conducting skills, pedagogy and concerts from local and international artists together with information resources.
- State and regional master classes or workshops in all areas of performance, repertoire, teaching pedagogy, conducting, music technology and the making of stringed musical instruments.
- Student performance opportunities solo and group.
- Scholarship opportunities.
Information services and networking
- Subscription to AUSTA’s national journal, Stringendo
- Regular state newsletters
- Access to specialist books and videos
- Online information and membership forms through its website www.austa.asn.au
- Networking through national and state events and music advocacy.
- Reduced rates of admission to all AUSTA functions.
- AUSTA Chapters regularly negotiate commercial discounts on concerts, events and materials.
- Reduced advertising rates in Stringendo and other AUSTA publications.
- Information and discounts for international events. Regular trade display opportunities for publishers, music houses and instrument makers at conferences and workshops.
- Professional liaison with organisations such as ASME, ASTA, STANZA, ESTA, ABODA, Suzuki Talent Education, the Australian National Academy of Music, Australian Bass Workshops, Australian Youth Orchestra, The Orchestras of Australia (TOAN), ANZVS, IVS and the Music Council of Australia.
- A unified approach for music advocacy in conjunction with the Music Council of Australia.
- Support for the combined Youth Orchestra of Australia projects in 2005 the Year of the Viola.(*tax deductible)
Who joins AUSTA?
- Professional string players
- Amateur string players
- Schools and institutions music departments
- University music departments
- String teachers
- Students of string instruments
- Makers and repairers of stringed instruments
- String enthusiasts