Why Join Us
What are the benefits of Membership?
Professional enhancement and development
- National conferences offer performance and conducting skills, pedagogy and concerts from local and international artists together with information resources.
- State and regional master classes or workshops in all areas of performance, repertoire, teaching pedagogy, conducting, music technology and the making of stringed musical instruments.
- Student performance opportunities solo and group.
- Supporting scholarships, prizes and awards for string students with local and national Australian institutions such as the AMEB and Young Performers Awards.
Information services and networking
- Subscription to AUSTA’s national journal, Stringendo
- Regular state emails and/or newsletters
- Online information and membership forms through its website www.austa.asn.au
- Networking through national and state events and music advocacy.
- Reduced rates of admission to all AUSTA functions.
- AUSTA Chapters regularly negotiate commercial discounts on concerts, events and materials.
- Reduced advertising rates in Stringendo and other AUSTA publications.
- Information and discounts for international events. Regular trade display opportunities for publishers, music houses and instrument makers at conferences and workshops.
- Professional liaison with organisations such as ASME, ASTA, ESTA, ABODA, Musica Viva, Suzuki Talent Education, the Australian National Academy of Music, Australian Bass Workshops, Australian Youth Orchestra, The Orchestras of Australia (TOAN), ANZVS, IVS and the Music Council of Australia.
- A unified approach for music advocacy in conjunction with the Music Council of Australia.
Who joins AUSTA?
- Professional string players
- Amateur string players
- Schools and institutions music departments
- University music departments
- String teachers
- Students of string instruments
- Conductors and orchestras
- Makers and repairers of stringed instruments
- String enthusiasts