AUSTA National Administrator – Job Description
The Australian Strings Association (AUSTA) is a professional association of teachers, players and makers of bowed string instruments which promotes excellence in all aspects of performance, teaching, conducting and string instrument making. AUSTA aims to inspire and support students, amateurs and professionals and also to facilitate communication at local, national and international levels.
The AUSTA Administrator coordinates activities and operations to ensure efficiency within the organisation for AUSTA Members, Chapter Committees and the National Executive.
The Administrator is required to work in their own office space and therefore the residential location of the Administrator is flexible within Australia. The applicant must be self-motivated and forward thinking. This role is key to ensuring the success of AUSTA.
The applicant is required to have excellent organisational skills, good IT skills, along with the ability to undertake and coordinate numerous concurrent tasks and meet deadlines. The Administrator works closely with the Accounts Manager, Treasurer, Secretary, the National President and the National Executive.
Music industry knowledge, particularly of bowed stringed instruments would be a strong advantage. An understanding of the Education systems in Australia would also be an advantage.
- Ensure compliance to AUSTA’s policies and Constitution
- Liaise with the National President, Accounts Manager and Executive, Stringendo and social media contractors as required. (Stringendo is AUSTA’s biannual national publication.)
- Manage travel arrangements as required for International Presenter, National Conference and International Tour (each event usually occurs once every three years — one per year)
- Process Memberships (new and renewals) and maintain the online database
- Correspond with AUSTA Members, the National Executive, website managers, Social Media Manager, Stringendo managers etc., as required via phone and email
- Maintain and update website content
- Liaise with Website/CRM design managers (external) for maintenance and efficiency
- Liaise with Stringendo Designer as required
- Create and update records and databases
- Submit timely membership reports and prepare proposals as required
- Assist members and the National Executive whenever necessary
- Schedule, coordinate and/or liaise on national online and face-to-face events and meetings (currently using Zoom)
- Liaise with Secretary and President for National Executive Meetings and AGM
- Support the Accounts Manager as required
- Maintain records in OneDrive and update Handbook and documents as required
- Write and deliver contracts as required
- Provide support to chapter committees as required
Skills and Requirements
- Previous experience as an administrator is preferred
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of: MS Office (particularly MS Word & MS Excel), PayPal, MailChimp, OneDrive and Zoom
- Basic understanding of Xero would be useful
- Time-management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This role typically requires between 30 – 50 hours per month. These hours can be flexible, however there are deadlines that need to be adhered to.
- The pay for this role is currently $45.00 per hour and is reviewed by the National Executive each year.
- An allowance is paid each month to cover telephone and office costs.
- For the right candidate, there is also the scope for this position to absorb the Accounts Manager position — thereby creating a larger, single administrator role.
For further information, please email James deRozario at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0439 885 754.
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter James deRozario at email@example.com
Applications for this position close COB Monday 12 October
To download a PDF copy of this Job Description, please click the link below.